i'm sitting on the chair, waiting. nobody cares what am i thinking. in fact, nobody noticed my presence. i wore a skirt, pale pastel color that blends me into the wall. quietly, patiently, i'm waiting.

i stare at the busy crowd walking pass. oh, the boss is on his phone with the client. oh, the kid is rushing for tuition. oh, that lady is late for meeting. oh, that man is chasing the bus that departed half a minute ago. and oh, you rush over, apologize for being late, and order two coffees when the waitress drop by, without asking me.

that's your life. well planned, focus, efficient, express. you named it "a battle for life". always rushing, always competing. you step on people to climb up, and you're proud of your achievement. "that's how life ought to be. the strong ones stay, and the weak ones, either killed, or left." you told me that, while flashing on your luxury phone to my face, busy replying message.

i'm not that weak to be a prey, neither do i want to be a predator. i took a sip of the cup of coffee you ordered for me. java chip. ice java chip. oh, you prefer cold beverage cuz you can drink it at one go without the worry of getting your tongue burnt. i switch my sight back onto your face, and you're still busy talking over the phone.

i stand up from my seat, walk to the counter, order myself a cup of hot cappuccino that i like, and walk away from the coffee shop, without saying bye to you.

oh hi sunlight out there, let's play :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

挥洒热血的(老)少年們

father's day